Which stable version of GnuCash should I move to?

Santhosh Paul editor.smp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:31:29 EDT 2015

Of course, I've several backups of my data file. However, I'm not sure
I have a backup of my 2.4.0 installer. Ok, I can download that from
the website, but I'm spooked by the fact that I unwittingly saddled
myself with a developmental version (aka experimental version?) and a
nonstandard data file. What if it turns out my data file can be opened
only by the build of 2.4.0 that I now use, for which a download is not
available on the site? Highly unlikely, perhaps, on both counts -- but
I don't know for sure. And I'm not taking any chances.

Santhosh