not getting my own contributions from the list ???

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Apr 8 16:29:49 EDT 2015

On Wed, April 8, 2015 4:22 pm, Liz wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:00:41 +0000 (UTC)
> paula hendricks <ph_calif at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> this is too weird. i just changed my email address and now i don't
>> get my own postings from the gnu cash list. is this a gnu cash issue
>> or a yahoo issue? does yahoo  think i don't want mail from myself?
>
> I've checked the Gnucash end, and you are set to get mail from yourself
> from this list.

My guess is "DMARC".  Basically, Yahoo is basically telling the world
"users with a From address of @yahoo.com can only originate at yahoo.com
servers, and if you receive a message with a From: header of .*@yahoo.com
that didn't original with us, then you should drop it on the floor".
Well, mail that comes through our server still has your From address set
to you, so it hits Yahoo's instructions to drop it on the floor, which
Yahoo is, itself, doing.  Google also enforces Yahoo's setting to drop it
on the floor.

My suggestion:  Don't use Yahoo for email lists.

> Liz

PS: We are currently running a version of mailman that can, theoretically,
munge the from addresses of participants who come from DMARC-unfriendly
sites like Yahoo.   I have not, yet, turned that on.   However I could
probably be convinced to turn it on....

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745