A large percentage of list mail going to spam folder

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:17:49 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Any idea why so much of this list's email is ending up in my gmail spam
> folder?
>
> I'd say as much as 40%, perhaps more, ends up there, where I have to
> rescue it.
>
> I subscribe to at least 10 other lists, most using mailman, and none
> of them have this problem.
>
> It's a minor annoyance, but...
>

> Kurt

Kurt, if you haven't already done so, set up a filter in Gmail (I have mine
set so the GnuCash list messages get tagged and skip the inbox). When you
do, set the checkbox that says "Never send it to spam."  If you already use
a filter, check its settings -- the "Never send it to spam" option was
added a year or so ago.

Once you use this feature you'll see the messages in Gmail with a
highlighted notice at the top saying the message WOULD have gone to spam if
it weren't for the filter. In my experience essentially all of the messages
on this list that would have gone to spam are from people with yahoo.com
email addresses.

The issue is due to an anti-spam setting Yahoo uses that's incompatible
with the GnuCash lists' settings. See Derek Atkin's message in today's
thread "not getting my own contributions from the list ???."

-----