gnucash-user Digest, Vol 145, Issue 14

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sat Apr 11 18:21:17 EDT 2015

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:00:41 -0700
> From: macleod gmail <joymac1917 at gmail.com>
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Run the "gnc-fq-Dump" test
>
> I am new to GnuCash & I have  a limited knowledge base for computers.
>
> How do you run the "gnc-fq-Dump" test program in the same directory
> distributed with GnuCash to test if Finance::Quote is installed & working
> properly on a PC?
>
> I live in Litchfield Park, a suburb of Phoenix Arizona. I am willing to
drive a
> fairly long distance for a sit-down lesson on the use of this program. Are
you
> aware of a support group of for hire help?
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

You haven't said if you are running Windows or Linux or Mac OS on your PC. I
assume you are running Windows.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_fix_a_system_error_when_getting
_stock_quotes.3F has been updated with instructions for running gnc-fq-xxx
perl scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Chris Good