Fwd: Gnucash on two computers

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:05:07 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hans Karman <hans at karman.id.au>
Date: Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Subject: Gnucash on two computers
To: alex.aycinena at gmail.com

Hello,

My wife and I would like to use Gnucash.  We each have our own computer and
have joint accounts, and would like to use the one database on each
computer, although not simultaneously.  At present we copy the database
across each time, which is very error prone.  Is there a way that allows us
to open a file on another networked computer?  The "Open" dialogue does not
appear to allow such access.

Hans Karman

Canberra, Australia

Please do not send inquiries directly to individuals - it is not considered
to be good form.