Fwd: Gnucash on two computers

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Apr 13 04:11:45 EDT 2015

On 04/13/2015 03:53 AM, Hans Karman wrote:
> Sorry, my ignorance was in the way.  I can in fact put the full file name,
> including the computer name, in the OPEN dialogue.  I was blinded by the
> fact I wasn't allowed to see the other computer in the browse screen.
>
> Hans Karman
> Canberra, Australia

How are you doing, Hans.  You sent an email message to my private
email.  This is discouraged because the maillist can't participate in
the resolution.

We understand you are new and learning.  It takes some time to become
fluent with using maillists.  So we'll help by describing to you what
you're doing wrong when you get it wrong.

Just before you click the button look for these reply options. Among
others, you should see these options:

* Reply List

Choose one of those options when you click reply.  If you click on
something that just says, "Reply", it will not go out to the maillist.

You can also, alternatively read and post messages using this forum:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Fwd-Gnucash-on-two-computers-tt4677773.html

Posting a message in the forum may require some login/register
procedure, which should be a cinch for someone with the experience of
Accounting data entry.

I find the maillist very convenient for following the threads where I'm
participating.  I strongly encourage you to try to become familiar with
it.  The forum is an alternate way of looking at past messages that have
been posted in your threads.  It has the benefit of automatically
updating your replies to the maillist.

You can also alternatively review the message threads by visiting the
list's archive:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/

You'll find a link for this archive at the bottom of all the maillist
messages.  This is very convenient for searching and reviewing the
threads.  However, this is a readonly link.  The maillist archive
doesn't have a posting facility.

I'm glad to help.

I'm replying to your personal email to me with a CC to the maillist.
You may get two responses.  One to your personal email and one to the
Maillist.  Please use the one to the maillist for your reply.  If you
don't see an option to reply to list and only see reply, please include
a "cc" to the maillist: gnucash-user at gnucash.org, as I'm doing.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James