Where does Gnucash Save itself when it closes

Richard Barmann dick at stripingthetown.com
Thu Apr 16 17:14:44 EDT 2015

I have been using Guncash since 2012 and now it cannot find the file
when I open it up.
I am using version 6.5.2 in Xfce. It was doing all right up until a few
days ago. I cannot find anything newer than 2014. all my 2015 entries
are unavailable. Is this a problem with Xfce? I am using it because
Kubuntu version 15.04 would not open up . Any help is really
appreciated. I have Quotes and Invoices in 2015 that I need to find.
Thank you.
Dick Barmann
-- You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about
prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by
pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man
by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by
taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people
permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for
themselves. .....Abraham Lincoln