Where does Gnucash Save itself when it closes

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Thu Apr 16 18:00:10 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 05:14 PM, Richard Barmann wrote:
> I have been using Guncash since 2012 and now it cannot find the file
> when I open it up.
> I am using version 6.5.2 in Xfce. It was doing all right up until a
> few days ago. I cannot find anything newer than 2014. all my 2015
> entries are unavailable. Is this a problem with Xfce? I am using it
> because Kubuntu version 15.04 would not open up . Any help is really
> appreciated. I have Quotes and Invoices in 2015 that I need to find.
> Thank you.
> Dick Barmann
> -- You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot
> strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about
> prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up
> by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of
> man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage
> by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help
> people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do
> for themselves. .....Abraham Lincoln
The file is saved by the name of the file you are working with in the
directory where that file is located.  This is the same way Libreoffice
and Microsoft Word saves the files that you are working with.

Gnucash's file extension is "*.gnucash".

You can execute this command from the command prompt and search for all
the *.gnucash files on your system:

locate -r ".gnucash$"

This will give you the name and location of all the files that has the
*.gnucash extension.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James