Partial Corruption and Merging

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:28:38 EDT 2015

Klyndt wrote on Thursday, 23 April, 2015 01:16 PM:
> What I ended up doing is copying and pasting every entry from the back up to the new file.  It took about 4 hours.  There should be a way to export part of a file from date A to date B and have that be able to be imported.  It should work like the CSV export, but for native files.

Just an observation ... I think this is why some members on this list prefer to run gnucash as a database format. (sqlite, mysql, postgresql). It affords you greater control over your data. Your problem could have been as simple as a query on the old data
  SELECT * FROM table WHERE created_at >= '2011-12-01' AND created_at <= '2011-12-07'
and then INSERT into the new data.

However ... having done a few operations like this in the past, generating and testing a query such as this can often take several hours, so its doubtful how much time you actually save in the end! But it might be a bit more intellectually satisfying than cutting and pasting. :-)

P.