Mutual fund prices precision

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 1 23:31:00 EDT 2015

> On Aug 1, 2015, at 7:56 PM, AC <gnucash at acarver.net> wrote:
>
> The accounts are all set to six decimals right now but the displayed
> number of decimals is only 3 in places like the balance.  If there's
> some very subtle rounding errors or truncation errors I'm not able to
> see them.

AC,

Your broker is rounding off the price to even cents, even though that’s wrong. Do what David and Edward recommended: Ignore the price and enter the shares and value, letting GnuCash calculate the price. You may need to fix up every transaction this way, but if you do it correctly the share balance and basis will match your brokerage statement exactly.

Regards,
John Ralls