Mutual fund prices precision

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Aug 3 19:15:48 EDT 2015

"No, I'm entering precisely what is on the statement for the number of
shares so both should agree."

       Incorrect assumption. You have no good reason to expect them to
agree.

" I'll just live with the price weirdness unless I can somehow get the
internal totals to have more significant figures."

      That is not the problem. It isn't that not enough significant
figures are used in the calculations. It is that the calculations aren't
being done in the same order of operations with the same degree of
rounding at all the same places.

      rounded(a) + rounded(b) does not (necessarily) equal rounded(a+b)

Michale