Wrong Begining Balance Prevents Reconcilliation

Dorel Ciornei dorelciornei at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 22:35:02 EDT 2015

Thank you all for your feedback.Since you guys convinced me that there is no hidden evil spirit that changes the beginning balance, I went back and searched all the past transactions. I did find that 5 of them that were originally recorded 'backwards' which I fixed one by one, showed now as not reconciled.So I reconciled again with the date of my last statement that matched the balance between statement and GNU Cash, and now the new starting balance for the next reconciliation is correct.
Tommy...
I loved your advise: "write into the description whatever curse words you're emanating at the moment," and I made a note of it.
I will definitely use this next time.:)
Thank you again