Currency Exchange

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 11 04:26:19 EDT 2015

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 10:04 PM, Scott Roe <scott384 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear GnuCash Supporters:
>
> Running latest version 2.6.7
>
> I run my accounting books in the local currency.  Some accounts are posted in USD and then exchanged to the local currency amount when entered.  My problem is that our local currency is fixed to the US Dollar, but Gnucash consistently comes up with slightly different exchange rates which I have to continually correct.  Is there a way in Gnucash to set the currency exchange between two currencies at a fixed rate that does not change?

Unfortunately not at present. The problem arises because the exchange rate sometimes makes values that need to be rounded, and that results in an effective exchange rate that’s slightly different, and that gets recorded in the price database. We’ve been discussing what to do about that in the developer’s list for the last couple of days. I think we’ll have a change in 2.6.8 which will fix that as long as you use the rate entry rather than the amount entry in the transfer dialog.

Regards,
John Ralls