Currency Exchange

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 11 12:43:54 EDT 2015

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 5:32 PM, Scott Roe <scott384 at hotmail.com <mailto:scott384 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi John:
>
> Thanks for coming back to me.  It would seem to me that having to enter the exchange rate every time is pretty much what I'm doing now, as I'm deleting the suggested exchange rate (which changes slightly all the time in Gnucash but is wrong by pennies) and inserting the correct exchange rate, which is fixed in our economy here in the Cayman islands.  What I would envision to be the ideal situation would be the setting up, in advance, of the exchange rate between two currencies where that would be the default in the exchange rate field and one could make an adhoc change in the transfer dialog, which is what I am doing now to correct the exchange rate in the default field, which must be generated from some online currency site.
>
> What do you think?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. Use “reply all” or, “reply list” if your mailer supports it.

The fixed exchange rate situation is too rare a case for me to want to implement storage and GUI for it. Simply storing the value that you enter in the transfer dialog instead of the actual rate from the transaction in the price db will make that number come back as long as you don’t enter a different one.

Regards,
John Ralls