Vat

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 11 05:17:20 EDT 2015

On Sat 8 August 15 16:21:30 you wrote:
> Hello Maf.
>
> Thank you for getting back to me.
>
> I was going to ask if there was a basic set up for VAT, there must be vat
> "IN" and Vat "OUT" registers or accounts. I did a quick look at the
> download and saw no evidence that Vat was doable although the words imply
> ALL is possible. Hence my email.
>
> Will I get setup offerings if I post, on the forum, for a VAT setup to
> help me on the way?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

Hi Alan,

With the GC list you have to explicitly reply to the list - "reply all" in my
emailer does the trick, YMMV!  Others on the list may benefit from the
discussion, and others will be able to offer advice too, probably in a more
timely way that me!

Have a look at this for UK VAT set up tips:

http://gnucash.wikia.com/wiki/GnuCash_Accounting_tips_Wiki

It may be from a previous GC version, so some of the images etc may only be a
guide.

When I got going, I followed the template here:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2003-July/007526.html

there were several emails around that time and thread, but I liked the
contents of that one well enough to print it and save it!

HTH,
Maf.