[SOLVED] There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes

listreader suselist at cableone.net
Wed Aug 12 09:40:11 EDT 2015

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:16:06 +0100
Colin Law wrote:

> > I am going to mark this as SOLVED, as it is for me at least.  If it
> > happens again I will go get Mozilla::CA which I apparently hadn't
> > needed for the year I've been running gnucash until now.
>
> If what happens again?  It seems the failure to receive the quotes was
> nothing to do with CA, installing it would not have made any
> difference.

The "what happens again" would be the inability to get quotes and the
resulting error message "There was an unknown error..."

I took this statement by Erik: "The module makes it possible to easily
ignore certificate verification" to suggest that I was having a problem
with certificate verification and that the missing module would have
solved that problem had I had it installed.

If I misinterpreted that statement then I retract the SOLVED.

Whatever, quotes are again working for me.

Thanks.

Ralph