Indian Stock quotes

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Mon Aug 17 05:20:30 EDT 2015

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> Erik, can you have a look at this?

It is a known problem for .BO stocks.

When you open the page @ yahoo:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ANDHRABANK.BO you get the quotes
correctly. But if, on that page, you hit the link "Download Data
(delayed)" (at the bottom on the right of the page) you get a csv with
all quote fields returning N/A. That is why yahoo and yahoo_asia fail to
return the quotes. I guess yahoo has his reason for this limitation.

So I discovered the json interface returns (albeit less) info for those
stocks, which is the reason why I implemented support for it:

perl Examples/stockdump.pl yahoo_json ANDHRABANK.BO
$VAR1 = {
          'ANDHRABANK.BOname' => 'ANDHRABANK.BO (ANDHRA BANK)',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOdate' => '08/17/2015',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOexchange' => 'Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOtype' => 'equity',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOsymbol' => 'ANDHRABANK.BO',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOlast' => '79.349998',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOvolume' => '581482',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOsuccess' => 1,
          'ANDHRABANK.BOisodate' => '2015-08-17',
          'ANDHRABANK.BOmethod' => 'yahoo_json'
        };

I didn't check if this info is suffisient/compatible with gnucash
though. If not so, please tell me what needs to be reordered/renamed..

best
--
erik colson