Invoicing

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:53:28 EDT 2015

Carla,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Carla Ford <cford1961 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> *On the front page of the GnuCash Help Manual *
>

> *ThanksCarla Pitre Ford**cford1961 at hotmail.com* <cford1961 at hotmail.com>
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 10:51:57 -0700
> Subject: Re: Invoicing
> From: alex.aycinena at gmail.com
> To: cford1961 at hotmail.com
>

> Yes but first, could you please tell me where you got my e-mail contact
> from.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Carla Ford <cford1961 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> *Could you please tell me in the manual where can I find how to create an
> invoice?*
>
> *Also, when can I find how to add the my business logo and name and
> address to the invoice? *
>

> *ThanksCarla Pitre Ford**cford1961 at hotmail.com* <cford1961 at hotmail.com>

I am not personally familiar with that part of gnucash. I don't think it
has been well documented.

I am forwarding your e-mail to gnucash-user at gnucash.org where others who
are familiar with this part of gnucash may volunteer to answer your
question.

You should go to gnucash.org to sign up for that list (if you don't want
potentially many individual e-mails throughout the day, you can specify
'digest' mode to get one per day). The list is there specifically for the
purpose of getting answers to questions like yours.

Just as  point of clarification, gnucash is a volunteer effort and so it is
not considered to be polite to write to an individual's e-mail directly
(unless invited to do do so) rather than use the users list. There are
several reasons for this:

- it comes across as demanding (even if not intended that way, as I am sure
is the case in this instance)
- your e-mail may get put into a spam folder, in which case you would
erroneously think you were being ignored
- the person you write to may not know how to answer your question or be
unavailable or no longer involved in the project
- you should search the list before asking there because someone else may
already have asked the question and received an answer
- if you ask on the list, other users may elect to answer your question
based on their particular knowledge
- if you ask on the list, others, now or later, may benefit from the
discussion
- if someone responds with an erroneous answer, others are likely to
correct it
- since this a volunteer effort, you too can participate on the list and
answer other's questions about parts of gnucash you are familiar with
- since this is a volunteer effort, if you find something wanting, say, in
the documentation area, you could contribute by suggesting completed
improvements to the documentation based on what you learn

Alex