problem opening my file

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 18:45:44 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Susan Myers <suzmyers52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a gnucash user and when I went to open it up today my computer told me
> the file can't be found.  I need advice ASAP on why this might be happening
> and what I can do to find the file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Susan

Hi -- what operating system do you use (Linux, Windows, or Macintosh)? That
might affect the advice you're given.

Also, do you recall move or deleting any files before this happened?
Gnucash data files usually end in ".gnucash"

In the Macintosh version, if you have moved the data file, you cannot open
that file by double-clicking the data file, as it will always look in the
last place it was no matter which .gnucash file you double-click. You will
have to open GnuCash and select the file in its new location using
File-->Open. The next time you use GnuCash it will automatically open the
file in that place.

The GnuCash FAQ includes some information you might find helpful:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#GnuCash_Files_and_managing_a_GnuCash_installation

As the note says below, please include the email list when you reply.