I want to export an account as I see it in the interactive view of GnuCash as an ASCII file

Anton Kratz anton.kratz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:57:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

when I look at an account in GnuCash, I see the following columns: Date,
Num, Description, Transfer, R, Debit, Credit, Balance.

Each transaction is on a single line.

I want to export an account with these eight columns, with each transaction
as a single line, as a tab-separated (or comma-separated) ASCII file. I.e.
I want to export the account as I see it in the interactive view of
GnuCash, as a delimiter-separated ASCII file. Is this possible, and how can
I do that?

I can export accounts as ASCII files via "File --> Export --> Export
Transactions to CSV...".

However, I then get much more columns and lines that I am interested in,
namely columns:

Date, Account Name, Number, Description, Notes, Memo, Category, Type,
Action, Reconcile, To With Sym, From With Sym, To Num., From Num., To
Rate/Price, From Rate/Price

...and also, each transaction is now on three lines.

I can re-format the export into what I want and what I know from the
GnuCash interactive view, but it is a very tedious and error-prone process.

Anton

--
I am using GnuCash 2.6.7 under Mac OS X 10.10.5