RESOLVED error after upgrading to ubuntu 15.04

Derrick Hudson dsh at dman13.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 29 19:04:26 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 09:00:35AM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
| On 29 August 2015 at 04:24, ssc1478 <ssc1478 at aim.com> wrote:
| > On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:02 PM, ssc1478 <ssc1478 at aim.com> wrote:
| >
| >> no code for module (www main)
| >

| > I was able to find the solution on google, which was to delete this
| > directory and try again:
| >
| > ~/.cache/guile/ccache/
| >
| > And it worked.
|
| If possible I would still like to know how you installed gnucash and what
| apt-cache policy gnucash
| and
| which gnucash
| show.  If you installed from the standard repository and it did not
| handle the upgrade correctly then that is a bug.

$ apt-cache policy gnucash
gnucash:
  Installed: 1:2.6.4-3ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1:2.6.4-3ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 1:2.6.4-3ubuntu1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid/universe amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I think this problem was resolved in a later version of GnuCash.  I recall seeing something about it on this mailing list some months ago.  When I upgraded from 14.10 to 15.04, the curious thing is GnuCash was fine for me but for my wife it had the same error.  I remembered reading something about the guile cache so I found it, removed it and she could then run GnuCash again.  I install from the official Ubuntu repository and wait until the next Ubuntu release to update.  It "Works For Me" :).  (PS. I have used GnuCash since around version 1.4 or 1.6 - yes that is a 1 for the major version)

-Derrick