Report for asset distribution among securities

Daniel Kraft d at domob.eu
Sun Aug 30 10:51:17 EDT 2015

Hi!

I'm using Gnucash for private accounting (surprise!) but also to keep
track of investments in various securities.  I think that it would be
great to create a report that displays my portfolio as distribution of
funds over these securities (could be as a piechart or table).

I. e., I would like to get something like this:

  25% EUR
  25% USD
  20% XAU
  20% Fund ABC
  10% Stock XYZ

The report "Asset Piechart" is already quite close to this -- but it
groups things together by the account structure and not by security.  Of
course, I could get the effect I want if I structure my accounts by
security.  That is, however, not what I want.  I may have multiple
EUR/USD accounts or hold the same other security in multiple broker
accounts, for instance.  In that case, I prefer to group the accounts by
bank/broker instead of by security.

Is there something I can do to get a report as I want it, grouped by
security that I missed?

Otherwise, since I know a bit of Scheme/Guile, I guess that I can write
my own script to create it.  In that case, do you think there could be
interest to publish it with Gnucash as a new report type?

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/