two different account books open at the same time, is this possible?

Anton Kratz anton.kratz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:49:12 EDT 2015

I am using GnuCash 2.6.7 under Mac OS X 10.10.5. I have two different
*.gnucash-files, or books.

(One is the main file and the other is for expenses in a foreign country
and currency. This was the easiest way I could figure out how to avoid
dealing with this situation, otherwise I would need to duplicate accounts,
or deal with currency gains and losses which I don't want... anyway I know
have two account books).

I want to have both account books open at the same time. Either in the same
or in two different instances of GnuCash.

Is this possible?

I found threads about this topic from years ago (
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-January/052176.html),
but they mention something about preferences files clashing, and I wonder
if this is still the case, and also my question is with respect to GnuCash
2.6.7 under Mac OS X 10.10.5.

Anton