Online Banking Change - "Chase UID"

eshield07-ns at yahoo.com eshield07-ns at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 11:28:29 EST 2015

I have used GNUCash for years, and I have been able to sync data with Chase up until the past 2 weeks. Basically the message I get back is that the Sign In is invalid.  I tried changing my Chase password, but that didn't work.  Then I deleted and tried recreating my Online Banking setup.  Now when I get to the step where you retrieve account list, it again says that the Sign In is invalid.

Below is the message from AQBanking Setup:
11:07:56 Sending request...
11:07:56 Using old SSL preparation code.
11:07:57 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-128-CBC:SHA256
11:07:57 TLS: Warning - The server has chosen unsafe SSL-Ciphers!
11:07:57 Waiting for response...
11:07:57 Parsing response...
11:07:57 Parsing response
11:07:57 Status for signon request: Code 15510, severity "ERROR"
11:07:57 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500, severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or password.
11:07:57 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

I then remembered that I received a message from Chase on November 23, 2015 that referred to PFM software.  Here is the message:
- For continued access to your account, we will ask you to confirm your identity -

Dear Chase Online Customer:
The privacy and security of your financial information are very important to us.
The first time you access your accounts after November 25 using Personal Financial Management (PFM) software such as Quicken® or QuickBooks® we will ask you to confirm your identity.
We'll send instructions to your Chase OnlineSM Inbox in the Secure Message Center upon login to your PFM software. You will need to sign in to chase.com on your computer to view the instructions and complete the steps.
If you do not take action by February 15, 2016, you will not be able to access your accounts with your PFM software until this has been completed.
We're here to help
If you have questions, please call us anytime at 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372).
Thanks for choosing Chase.

I called Chase and let them know that I did not get the instructions emailed to me.  They said I needed to enter the "Client UID" from GNUCash.  I told them I did not have one.  They said in order for the instructions to be emailed that I would need to enter a client UID generated by GNUCash.

They said they would have a senior tech support person call me next week.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and how they fixed it.

Thanks!