Backup and recovery

Dorel Ciornei dorelciornei at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 16:30:44 EST 2015

I am sorry to hear that you had this problem.
Personally I find it very easy to back up GNUCash data since all the info is in one single file (***.gnucash).For a while I was having the program create automatic backups with the option to keep them forever and I was just deleting the ones I didn't need (I kept usually one file at the end of each month).
Lately I switched to 30 days like you, however at the end of each month I physically copy the last file of that month to a separate folder which is backed up to an external storage. I also checked many of these files by opening them in GNU Cash and comparing the info with the one in the 'main' file. I have never seen a difference.
I hope you can find a way to back up so you don't lose the info again.
But be carefully, the other programs available have similar issues with back ups. The only difference is that you may have to backup a whole folder instead of a file.
Good luck.Dorel