Tiny reports in HiDPI

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Dec 28 13:13:49 EST 2015

On Monday 28 December 2015 09:53:18 Jose Gómez wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu with Cinnamon.
>
> Other programs used to have (mostly years ago) tiny buttons or text
> until they implemented HiDPI support.
>
> That support was done automatically in programs using standard
> libraries (such as Gtk or Qt) where HiDPI support has already been
> implemented, but it took much longer with programs doing their own
> rendering, such as Chrome (which took years to implement HiDPI
> support), LibreOffice (some buttons were small until recently) or
> Steam (where HiDPI is still not supported and everything is still
> tiny).
>
> I am guessing whatever library is Gnucash using for generating reports
> does not have HiDPI enabled or supported. The rest of the UI looks
> fine (other than the toolbar buttons being a bit on the small side).
> Can attach a few screenshots if needed.

The reports are generated using libwebkitgtk, and an old version of it. It's indeed highly
unlikely that it has HiDPI support.

I'm not sure a more recent version does have it.

Can you file a bug report in bugzilla [1] for this ?

Thank you,

Geert

[1] Refer to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla to learn how to use bugzilla