Adv Port Report - Capitalization of Commissions

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Tue Dec 29 07:03:32 EST 2015

On 12/28/2015 11:09 PM, CDB-Man wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> I'm on GNUcash 2.6.7.  My Adv Port. options look like this:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/igKDup5.png
>
> When you select from the dropdown "include in basis", it will capitalize
> the costs correctly, and reflect the -$5 in the unrealized column, instead
> of the realized column.  This lines up with the tax treatment, so it in and
> of itself is not an issue.

Thanks.  I'll need to upgrade to at least 2.6.7.

> The issue I'm raising is that for the report to pick up on this, the
> commission needs to go to an expense, meaning that on other reports such as
> balance sheet, and just in the asset register itself, the costs are not
> capitalized into the asset account, since the cost is being sent to an
> expense account.

But I thought I did have the commission go to expense, as shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubhnf1omcqwd9iu/Screenshot%20from%202015-12-28%2009%3A29%3A16_cap_commissions.SHA1.png?dl=0

Also, I just did a Balance Sheet report and uploaded to here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnq7nuui7dk9q8a/Screenshot%20from%202015-12-29%2005%3A52%3A40_cap_commissions.BalRept.png?dl=0

and it shows 100.0 shares of SHA1 with value of $100.0, which doesn't
reflect the commission fee of $5.00.  Could you let me know what
I'm missing?

> Hope that helps!

Yes.  Thanks for the version info.

> Regards,