Adv Port Report - Capitalization of Commissions

CDB-Man cdbman.online at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 00:09:23 EST 2015

Hi Larry,

I'm on GNUcash 2.6.7.  My Adv Port. options look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/igKDup5.png

When you select from the dropdown "include in basis", it will capitalize
the costs correctly, and reflect the -$5 in the unrealized column, instead
of the realized column.  This lines up with the tax treatment, so it in and
of itself is not an issue.

The issue I'm raising is that for the report to pick up on this, the
commission needs to go to an expense, meaning that on other reports such as
balance sheet, and just in the asset register itself, the costs are not
capitalized into the asset account, since the cost is being sent to an
expense account.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
CDB