Gnucash 2.6.10 question - Why WebKit ?

Arno nvana_31 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 12:39:57 EST 2015

Dear John,

To me it is still a pain to build a working GNUcash because of the GTK+ 2 & 3 symbols issue (compilation works fine BTW): GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported

Dependancy hell anyone ?

As for modifying to code I have been trying for maybe 2 hours to tweak the 2.6.10 code to disable the HTML rendering at all. The reports look fancy, but for the bookkeeping of our company they're not necessary at all.

But as the code is quite complex and I don't have much documentation (I only see the Help and Concepts guide) on how the application is designed, it is very hard when using just basic tools like 'find . -type f -exec grep 'something' {} \;' to actually search in and modify the code.

If someone can point me out which functions I would need to tweak to disable the HTML reports I could find/grep them and maybe get it done.

Is there an easy way to disable this GTK+ 2 / 3 symbols check ? Maybe the binary does actually work with these 2 and 3 symbols combined.

Greetings, Arno