All my accounts under Accounts tab have disappeared! - Resolved

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Feb 1 08:27:15 EST 2015

"It appears my data file got corrupted about a week ago, not sure what
triggered it. I likely updated the OS around that time but not sure or
the timing or if it is related"

This is more general advice than just for gnucash.

IN ADDITION to the regular periodic backups you are making (you DO make
data backups, yes?) you should always do an extra data backup
immediately before doing any system update. This, by the way, is another
reason why you should not accept "automatic" software updates. You want
to KNOW (for sure) exactly when updates have taken place. So use "notify
me" and then schedule the activity so you first do a data backup and
then all the system backups you were notified about since the last time
(having decided about each if you want it). Real pros would probably
ALSO do a system backup to make back out easier (if that turns out to be
necessary).

Michael D Novack