Win OS reinstall looses Program files including logs - GCM file found

Mary Ann Wallace wallace at naples.net
Sun Feb 1 09:14:01 EST 2015

Thank you, John and Dave, for your comments.  You confirmed that if the
files in C:/Program Files are gone and I'm left to recreating my data.
It would be nice if the program had a feature that asked where do you
want your data and log files saved to.  It seems to save automatically
to C:/Program Files.  In my early days I had tried saving to another
place, but when I opened the program it would just bring up whatever it
had in that directory and not where I had saved it.  That's when I got
confused because it seemed I then would always have to use File -> Open
feature to load the datafile and I wasn't sure whether I was loading the
right file. When it was in C:/Program Files, it seemed to automatically
load the most recent one so I may have copied the file back to
C:/Program Files and left it that way.  Can't remember at this stage.

It had gotten to the point where I started taking screen shots of my
directories on the temporary replacement XP just because I couldn't be
sure where things were since I didn't know how to control things.  I
wonder if some feature could be added under settings or such to allow a
user to see where the data files are automatically being saved with a
feature to change it which would help the average user.  That would
alert users if their data files were ending up in a file where they
didn't want it to be.  Perhaps it's already there and I just don't know
how to find it.

It'll probably be more than a few weeks before I get to re-entering the
data, but I will post back to the list when I am finally current if
things go smoothly.  If they don't, I might need to return here with
questions.

Thanks again.  Your quick responses were very much appreciated.

Mary Ann
Win 7 Pro 32-bit.