Importing QIF files

Mark Wigmore mawigmore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:39:22 EST 2015

On 3 February 2015 at 18:28, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did you verify that your investment transaction entries all had
appropriate, non-null "N" entries, and that the transactions have correct
formatting for the "T" entries?

> You might be able to track down the first problem by searching the QIF
file for lonely N's--i.e., {CRLF}N{CRLF} (where {CRLF} is your OS's line
break).

> With regard to the second error, past users have discovered that currency
symbols will cause transaction format errors. I believe I have also heard
that amounts using commas and periods differently than the importer expects
can cause problems.

The file is 580KB long, I'm not inclined to go searching through that for
something the importer should assist with. I don't even know what the
correct formatting should be, that's why we have software to do these
things for us! All I know is BankTree succeeded where GnuCash failed. Sorry.

Mark