Wrong date when importing OFX file from HSBC

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Feb 3 18:31:23 EST 2015

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 10:53 AM, Diarmaid Lee <djlee97 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> Hello John,
>
> thank you for your patience. Here is the information you requested. A single transaction on the 9th Jan 2015.
>
> OFX from bank,
>
> <STMTTRN>
> <TRNTYPE>OTHER</TRNTYPE>
> <DTPOSTED>20150109000000</DTPOSTED>
> <TRNAMT>-2.99</TRNAMT>
> <FITID>2015010932015009195252550010000</FITID>
> <NAME>INT'L 0078697812</NAME>
> <MEMO>Amazon EU AMAZON.CO.UK</MEMO>
> </STMTTRN>
>
> QIF from money
>
> D09/01'2015
> MAmazon EU AMAZON.CO.UK dvd
> T-2.99
> PINT'L 0078697812
> LHousehold:Leisure & Enter
> ^
> The problem I think is the import process, when I import an OFX file from my bank. Maybe a time setting in gnucash that I haven't set properly?

Diarmid,

Thanks. One more piece: This transaction is (or was, if you edited it) displayed in GnuCash as posted on 10 January, correct?

Dunno if it has anything to do with the problem, but the date format in the QIF file is odd. Do all of them have an apostrophe where the second / belongs?

Your computer timezone is set to British Standard Time, right?

Regards,
John Ralls