Importing QIF files

Mark Wigmore mawigmore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:14:43 EST 2015

On 3 February 2015 at 20:21, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> David T made a very good suggestion, I suggest that you try it.  If you
> have MS Word or Open Office Writer the size of the file is immaterial
> and the search for special characters is not hard after you have done it
> once.  You may need to find the feature that makes the line breaks
> visible (it looks like a paragraph mark under the view menu in Open
> Office).

Sorry, but I don't think it is a good suggestion. Think of the importer as
a compiler, taking instructions from the QIF file and outputting something
GnuCash can understand. Imagine if you were a programmer with half a
million lines of code and the compiler just gave a list of errors with no
indication of their context? At the very least you would expect a line
number.

Regards,

Mark