Importing QIF files

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:48:54 EST 2015

On 2/4/2015 3:14 AM, Mark Wigmore wrote:
> On 3 February 2015 at 20:21, David Carlson
> <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com <mailto:david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     David T made a very good suggestion, I suggest that you try it.
>     If you
>     have MS Word or Open Office Writer the size of the file is immaterial
>     and the search for special characters is not hard after you have
>     done it
>     once.  You may need to find the feature that makes the line breaks
>     visible (it looks like a paragraph mark under the view menu in
>     Open Office).
>

> Sorry, but I don't think it is a good suggestion. Think of the
> importer as a compiler, taking instructions from the QIF file and
> outputting something GnuCash can understand. Imagine if you were a
> programmer with half a million lines of code and the compiler just
> gave a list of errors with no indication of their context? At the very
> least you would expect a line number.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Mark

You have gotten a lot of help from at least 6 different people who have
either worked on developing GnuCash or are users who have previously
solved the problems you say you are having and are very happy with the
program.  Yet you refuse to accept their input.  You even suggest that
they are wrong when they tell you that it has been working for them.

We cannot help you if you will not listen to us.

David C