Query re recording a computer purchase as a fixed asset

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Fri Feb 6 22:30:57 EST 2015

Just a comment regarding spreading sales tax and shipping separately.
Your depreciation schedule is used by the county property tax people
during an audit.  The asset value is supposed to include all costs
associated with putting the asset into service. For example a friend
bought a rather large paper cutter (about a 6' bed) for $600.00, but to
get it from a high floor in a tall building in San Francisco to his
printing plant, cost several thousand dollars.  That is included in the
value of the "installed asset".

John