Query re recording a computer purchase as a fixed asset

MP99 martinrpayneuk+gnucash at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:09:43 EST 2015

We took out an extended warranty + accidental damage insurance (three years)
at the same time we purchased the computer, paying up front.

I hadn't planned to include that in the Fixed Asset, but now I wonder
whether I should, since it increases the likelihood that we will still have
a saleable asset at the end of three years. And it presumably has a value
throughout the three years that it is in force.

cheers, Martin

John R. Sowden wrote