Commerzbank

Horea Christian horea_christian at yahoo.de
Sat Feb 7 17:47:10 EST 2015

Hi guys, in addition to and completely independently of my present query
regarding currency quotes, I would like to somehow integrate gnucash and
my Commerzbank (Heidelberg, vormals Dresdner Bank; for all gnucash
purposes probably irrelevant) account more automatically.

Currently I am trying to import my transaction list (csv file offered by
the Commerzbank) into gnucash. The first issue with this is that the
import wizard does not support dates separated by anything else than
dashes (seriously?!?), while the Commerzbank formats dates with periods.
I am able to work around this by editing my files (though I would very
much welcome a more elegant solution). However, after I do that, the
gnucash import wizard still fails after I set the separator etc. with a
fairly nondescript error message stating "The date format could be
wrong, or there are not enough columns set..." How do I debug this?

My second question would be if hbci would allow me to circumvent this
manual import (or is that just for issuing transactions?)?

Best,
Christian