How does this Mailing List Work?

Jan Steinman Jan at EcoReality.org
Mon Feb 9 20:39:41 EST 2015

> From: David <chrstdvd at gmail.com>
>
> I do not understand this Mailing list concept at all.  I was getting emails
> for every post made by anyone on User.

That is how mailing lists work. You send email to one address, and it broadcast the same email to multiple addresses.

> All I really wanted was to review the Forum from time to time and reply to
> something there, if I knew an answer or thought I could help.

You might prefer "digest mode," in which all the emails are saved up and put out in one email, once a day.

> I Unsubscribed from the mailing list after reading the Nabble Help topic
> about why I was getting all these emails.

Well, you probably won't even see this message, then.

> I can not get past this "You
> need to subscribe to post"  part.

If you unsubscribed, you can no longer send to the list.

Another possibility that can be frustrating is if you have more than one email address and you subscribe via one of them, but then try to post via another — you'll get a similar message. You *must* post from the same email address as you signed up with.

Hope this is helpful. (Hope you see this!)

:::: Nature abhors a hero. For one thing, he violates the law of conservation of energy. For another, how can it be the survival of the fittest when the fittest keeps putting himself in situations where he is most likely to be creamed? -- Solomon Short