How does this Mailing List Work?

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 07:28:05 EST 2015

I do not understand this Mailing list concept at all.  I was getting emails
for every post made by anyone on User.

All I really wanted was to review the Forum from time to time and reply to
something there, if I knew an answer or thought I could help.

But especially I want to ask questions about Gnucash and get the replies to
my questions.

I Unsubscribed from the mailing list after reading the Nabble Help topic
about why I was getting all these emails.

I am really having a heck of a time learning how to enter splits into the
register and want some help with that, but I can not get past this "You
need to subscribe to post"  part.