Reluctantly Going Back to QuickBooks

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:01:16 EST 2015

It's unfortunate that equity (sub)accounts can't hold shares. If they
could, shares could be an opening balance rather than currency.

There is an asymmetry in the way GnuCash handles currency vs. equities that
some of us have questioned. I wonder whether there is a reason for the
asymmetry that I'm missing. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to patch.