Reluctantly Going Back to QuickBooks

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:03:59 EST 2015

Paula Hendricks wrote on Tuesday, 10 February, 2015 12:09 AM:
> this is exactly what i've done. i've kept my old quickbooks app and use it when i need history,
>
> i just started fresh at the beginning of the year.

I used a hybrid approach. I kept old accounts in Quicken in a Windows XP VM. I manually entered one year of data into Gnucash, so that both apps reported the same information for the year previous to the switch date. I ran them in parallel for a month and then switched off Quicken at the end of an accounting year.