Memorised transactions

Ros Bowyer goldfirestone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:08:08 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to Gnucash, having previously used Quicken software for many years.  In Quicken I had my setup defaulted to memorise transaction categories but I can't find this feature in Gnucash.
I see that others have asked about turning this feature off so clearly it is available.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Currently the payee is memorised and autofills but the category defaults to 'unspecified' rather than defaulting to whatever category was previously used.  It would save me an enormous amount of time to have it default to the last used category.
Sorry for posting such a basic question - your help would be much appreciated,

Cheers,
Ros :)