Learning, need clarification

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 12:06:00 EST 2015

Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:07:26
<CAAyPE3A9gsWrcQ32Hi5rka1DSTfEdJpGVpLAetSgdaoEu_6+iQ at mail.gmail.com>
Buddha Buck <blaisepascal at gmail.com>

>Please remember to include the gnucash-users list in replies, so others can
>benefit from our conversation.
>
>If you can read the .gnucash file as text after uncompressing it, you are
>using the XML back end. As of now, unless you are trying to do something
>that GnuCash doesn't fully support, it should not matter, as a user, which
>backend you use, except that the SQL backend isn't considered ready for
>default usage.

BB, I'm not sure about all of the conversation but this is addressed at
David Christopher.

>On Fri Feb 13 2015 at 10:51:00 AM David Christopher <chrstdvd at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I also took the 7 zip route and, sure enough, it is readable in WordPad I
>> see all my accounts and other familiar entries.

OK, please do not change anything if you don't know what you are doing,
David Christopher.

>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM, David Christopher <chrstdvd at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> After much searching I think I am using SQL. I found the sqlliter3.exe in
>>> a gnu folder by doing a custom search.
>>>
>>> Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Don't!  If you really have a file called sqlliter3.exe please don't use
it without working out what it is or isn't as to the best of my
knowledge that is unlikely to be a GnuCash distributed genuine SQLite3
prog and may actually be bad.

Be careful, please.

--
Wm...