Learning, need clarification

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 15:18:37 EST 2015

WM, I am getting better at this mail list now but still do not understand or
comprehend the concept as I am used to straight forums.  Yesterday Buddah
replied via his email to my email and now this thread is missing several of
our exchanges and the screen shots I attached.

I did tinker with the sql program exe that I found in the bin folder of
gnucash folder in my program x86 program folder.  I can not figure out how
to use it and do not want to.

I just spent the last year and a half learning C# in the Microsoft express
ide.  I did it because I ran my big mouth and said I could write Quicken
better than Quicken does it.  Well, I did it but learning SQL was a giant
pain and I just learned enough to get by and make my checkbook program, but
I never could make a special cell for the date time picker or lists for
category and memorized payees work in the data grid view.  So I just his the
controls on the form and made them invisible until I needed them and used
the mouse click location to make it look like I knew what I was doing.  I
finally abandoned the project because I had no idea how much the database
could hold in Express.  Besides, I did what I said I could do and if I can
do it real programmers could to it too.

I just wondered what type of DB I am using in gnucash because there are so
many files.  I now understand what file to copy to an external drive for a
backup in case I loose the computer in future.

After Buddah explained it to me and I reread the help file, things fell into
place for me.
Thanks.