Learning, need clarification

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Feb 14 15:50:05 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 12:18:37PM -0800, David wrote:
> WM, I am getting better at this mail list now but still do not understand or
> comprehend the concept as I am used to straight forums.  Yesterday Buddah
> replied via his email to my email and now this thread is missing several of
> our exchanges and the screen shots I attached.

David:

My guess is that you and or Buddah had done a reply to the sender instead
of a reply to the list. Often, just hitting "`reply" will do that,
depending on how the list mail server is configured. not knowing what
you're using for your email program I can't say what the right solution
is, other than to figure out how to "reply to list" instead. On the
mail program I use, which is command driven, not GUI, I do a plain
reply by typing a single "r", and a reply to the email list by typing
"l". I'm sure yours is different from mine.

Fred

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996