Mac OS/X, Gnucash 2.6.5 get quotes very slow

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:58:47 EST 2015

I'm using GnuCash on my Mac and don't experience this trouble. For
background:

Mac Pro (2013)
OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)
GnuCash Version 2.6.5

I suspect the difference between your "correct" machine and "incorrect"
machine has to do with the Perl setup of Finance::Quote.

You can verify the versions of Perl and the specific Finance::Quote module
via the following commands:

-- Perl Version ---

perl -v

[ For me, this yields v5.18.2 ]

-- Finance::Quote Version --

perl -MFinance::Quote -e 'print $Finance::Quote::VERSION . "\n";'

[For me, this yields 1.35 ]

You'll likely want to verify that both systems have the same version of
these two things. There was some oddity with the Finance::Quote stuff in the
recent past. Maybe you will want to update both to the most recent
available, though I'm not so sure *I* have the latest...(nope, just checked,
latest is 1.36).

Also, a possible problem is that your new file doesn't use the same sources
for quotes? I doubt it, but it's another variable in the situation.

Ken

-----
Ken Farley