Still a question or two about the mailing list.

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:06:49 EST 2015

On 14 February 2015 at 21:25, David <chrstdvd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Call me thick headed, but I am what I am, and I am learning this as I go.
>
> I have one password and user name to log into this site, what I call a
> forum.
>
> Yesterday I received this email that gives me a odd password and I have no
> idea what it is for.  Is it just literally to do what is described in the
> email, or am I supposed to use it on this site when I post or reply and am
> prompted to log in?
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4676012/mail.png>
>
> I am afraid to click "Do not show this message again" that I get every time
> I try to post directly on here until I know why it pops up.
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4676012/2.png>
>
> And my confusion is is compounded because every post or reply on this site
> has a yellow line background that says the post is has not been approved.
> Thanks

Possibly what is confusing you is that you are using nabble, which is
not the same as the mailing list.  Nabble is nothing to do with
gnucash, it just picks up messages from the list and displays them in
a forum like way, and then when you enter a message into nabble it
posts it off to the list pretending that it has come from you.  You
still, ideally, need to be subscribed to the list at
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user.

This might help you understand how mailing lists work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mailing_list

Colin