I updated from 2.4.15 to 2.6.5 [was: ... 2.6.1]

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at ultimeth.com
Sat Feb 14 17:34:46 EST 2015

OK, I needed to schedule a transaction on the fourth Wednesday of the
month, which 2.4.15 apparently can't do, so I'm back, this time on
2.6.5.  I found a usable theme.

Bugs:

 1. When using the theme tool to select a theme, just scrolling by
    "Metal" causes the theme tool to crash instantly.  Annoyingly
    repeatable.
 2. I find setting column widths buggy.  Exiting a page and re-selecting
    it usually fixes it.  Ugh, but minor.

Questions:

 1. Once I've gotten column widths set correctly in an account register,
    is there an easy way to propagate those widths to ALL accounts?
    Please, PLEASE say yes (but only if it's true).
 2. Can you specify a color for an entire sub-tree (eg, all expenses),
    other than one sub-account at a time?
 3. Is there a way to shorten the "Last Reconcile Date" label?  It makes
    the column excessively wide.
 4. Is there a way to have smaller/no toolbar icons (eg, just text)?
    Minor issue, as this has motivated me to turn off the toolbar.

Suggestions:

 1. In the menu bar, "Actions" opens a very wide pull-down (no change
    from 2.4.x), and when selecting "Online Actions", it was easy to
    accidentally move the mouse slightly vertically when selecting an
    online action, meaning I had to reselect "Online Actions".  One
    REALLY NICE CURE for this would be to add "Online Actions" to the
    pop-up menu when I right-click on an account.

Comment: 2.6.x still seems slightly slower to load *.gnucash files than
2.4.15.

-- Dean