QuickFill

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 14 18:36:11 EST 2015

Hi Wm,

(Forgive my ignorance but if you don’t think this is rude, I’ve always wondered, is Wm an abbreviation for William? How do you pronounce it?)

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry for the slow response, I‘m back from holidays now.

I’ve updated to GC 2.6.5 and tested what I believe is referred to as QuickFill in the GnuCash guide.

QuickFill does add all the splits from a previous transaction to a blank transaction when you are in Basic Ledger or Auto-Split Ledger mode but doesn’t when you are in Transaction Journal (all splits shown) mode.

Unfortunately for me, I usually operate in Transaction Journal mode, i.e. I open the register by using Open SubAccounts, as most of my accounts have subaccounts for wife and myself, and it is not possible to change to Basic Ledger or Auto-Split Ledger mode from Transaction Journal mode.

I don’t know how much work it would be but I would find it very helpful if the description QuickFill feature would also try to match descriptions for all the subaccounts of the current register tab, not just the current account.

I searched BugZilla for an outstanding request like this but didn’t find one.

If other people could let me know if they would also find this useful, I’ll raise a feature request?

Regards, Chris Good

Message: 1